Thursday, July 23, 2009

VIVA VHS

I recently finished this poster for Scarecrow Video's upcoming VIVA VHS show at the Northwest Film Forum.

With around 100 different scans of over-sized VHS box art I made a collage of some of best or most interesting bits off of them. Then framed it all up with a classic grid and put together a pseudo-airbrushed logo for the event.

Here's a list of the covers I used. I wish I could have designed this for a mural, there are so many great covers that I wanted to use.
Also, these are all available to rent at Scarecrow Video

America 3000
Assisi Underground
ATOR the Fighting Eagle
Avenged
Avenger X
Black Six
Blind Rage
Blood Voyage
Brain 17
Cannibal Island
Chimpo's Wild Animal Safari
Clue According to Sherlock Holmes
Conqueror of the World
Dr. Tarr's Torture Dungeon
Duel of Champions
Equalizer 2000
Executioner of Venice
Executioner's Song
Exterminators of the Year 3000
Fabulous Fleischer Folio
Falcon
Fangs
Fast Money
Fear
Fearmaker
Feast for the Devil
Filmgore
Flying From the Hawk
Frank & Tony
Frankenstein '80
Freedom Road
Galyon the Indestructible Man
Gang War
Ghost Dance
Gold Wing
Guerrilla Girl
Headless Eyes
Heroes in Hell
Hollywood Clowns
Hot Touch
Human Duplicators
Kingfish
Metallica
Metiche Y Encajoso
Ms. Stiletto
One Shoe Makes It Murder
Riding High
Safari 3000
Thirteen Chairs
Succubare
Zombiethon

5 comments:

John Scott Tynes said...

Holy crap. I need a print of this amazing thing for my wall. Can you upload this to Etsy or someplace where I can give you money? Please let me know:

john@tynes.com

Thanks and great work!

mcFly said...

seriously, I would like to buy a copy of that too.

Unknown said...

I also need a copy of this.

Swellzombie said...

I'm working on getting prints. I'm in the middle of a move but I'll have one up on Imagekind soon.
There's also going to be t-shirts with a similar design.

Swellzombie said...

Prints are now available:


http://www.imagekind.com/showartwork.aspx?IMID=b48a72d6-2c51-4632-b28b-843999905536

Related Posts with Thumbnails